Fish Soft Tacos with Pico De Gallo-Black Bean Sauce
- 6 ounces cooked fish, such as baked cod
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mixed stir fried vegetables, recipe below
- Lime wedges
- Mixed Stir-Fried Vegetables:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and spears cut into 2-inch pieces
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat fish and all 4 tortillas in a stack and wrapped in foil on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine pico de gallo, beans, sour cream and cumin.
Arrange fish on tortillas and top with pico de gallo-black bean sauce and mixed stir fried vegetables. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.Mixed Stir-Fried Vegetables:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell peppers, and asparagus and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
Yield: 8 servings (or 4 servings for fish tacos, and leftovers for another dish like Robin's Mixed Vegetable Quiche)
2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Daphne Brogdon
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen