Fish Soft Tacos with Pico De Gallo-Black Bean Sauce
- 6 ounces cooked fish, such as baked cod
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mixed stir fried vegetables, recipe below
- Lime wedges
- Mixed Stir-Fried Vegetables:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and spears cut into 2-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat fish and all 4 tortillas in a stack and wrapped in foil on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine pico de gallo, beans, sour cream and cumin.
Arrange fish on tortillas and top with pico de gallo-black bean sauce and mixed stir fried vegetables. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.Mixed Stir-Fried Vegetables:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell peppers, and asparagus and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
Yield: 8 servings (or 4 servings for fish tacos, and leftovers for another dish like Robin's Mixed Vegetable Quiche)