Hearty Lamb and Lentil Stew
- 1 pound lentils, rinsed and picked over to remove debris
- 1/2 pound lean lamb cubes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 3 teaspoons pre-minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the parsley, salt and black pepper.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Just before serving, remove bay leaves, stir in parsley and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.