Pan-Seared Ham with Pineapple Chutney
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or canned in juice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices baked ham (each about 1/2-inch thick)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple, onion, pineapple juice, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, and cumin. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes, until mixture thickens and reduces. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham slices and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Serve ham slices with pineapple chutney spooned over top.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved