Pan-Seared Ham with Pineapple Chutney
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or canned in juice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices baked ham (each about 1/2-inch thick)
In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple, onion, pineapple juice, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, and cumin. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes, until mixture thickens and reduces. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham slices and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Serve ham slices with pineapple chutney spooned over top.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine