Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Olives, Tomatoes and Oregano Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 sea bass fillets (about 5 to 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Nicoise olives, divided
- Reserved brown rice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of bass fillets with salt, pepper and garlic and herb seasoning. Add bass to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Add vermouth and cook 1 minute, to allow alcohol to cook off. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the olives and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes, until fish is fork-tender.
Reheat rice with the oregano in a medium saucepan (adding a little water if necessary) or in the microwave. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve bass and sauce over rice.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved