Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Olives, Tomatoes and Oregano Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 sea bass fillets (about 5 to 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Nicoise olives, divided
- Reserved brown rice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of bass fillets with salt, pepper and garlic and herb seasoning. Add bass to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Add vermouth and cook 1 minute, to allow alcohol to cook off. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the olives and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes, until fish is fork-tender.
Reheat rice with the oregano in a medium saucepan (adding a little water if necessary) or in the microwave. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve bass and sauce over rice.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay