Personal Penne Primavera
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add broccoli, carrots and mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Add chicken, red peppers, tomatoes, and broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in penne and peas cook 2 minutes to heat through and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to a serving plate and top with Parmesan and basil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.