Salmon Quesadillas with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 8 flour or whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 cooked salmon fillets, pulled apart with 2 forks into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 Hass avocados, pitted and flesh removed from skin
- 1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Coat a large griddle with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese. Toss salmon with chili powder and place on top of cheese. Top with sliced jalapeno peppers and a second tortilla. Place tortillas on hot griddle and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cheese melts.
In a blender, combine avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and lime juice. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, fold in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve quesadillas with guacamole on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.