Sesame Red Curry Chicken with Bok Choy and Sweet Coconut Rice
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, 4 (4-ounce) halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups quick cooking jasmine rice
- 2 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together broth, sake, sesame oil, ginger, and curry paste. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
In a small skillet toast flaked coconut on low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes. To a medium saucepan, add rice and coconut milk and set pan over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in toasted coconut. Set aside 1 1/2 cups for another recipe.
Spoon rice onto a serving platter. Top with chicken, bok choy, bell peppers and sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.