Sesame Red Curry Chicken with Bok Choy and Sweet Coconut Rice
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, 4 (4-ounce) halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups quick cooking jasmine rice
- 2 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together broth, sake, sesame oil, ginger, and curry paste. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
In a small skillet toast flaked coconut on low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes. To a medium saucepan, add rice and coconut milk and set pan over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in toasted coconut. Set aside 1 1/2 cups for another recipe.
Spoon rice onto a serving platter. Top with chicken, bok choy, bell peppers and sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with cilantro.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray