Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Olives, Tuna and String Cheese
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons green olive brine (from the olive jar)
- 2 (6-ounce) cans chunk white tuna in water, drained
- String cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Arrange the spaghetti squash halves in the bottom of a slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Spoon the mixture over the spaghetti squash. Pour the olive brine in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
When ready to serve, using a fork, "loosen" the squash slightly, creating spaghetti-like strands. Spoon the tomato sauce over the squash, top each piece with some tuna, string cheese, and basil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Damaris Phillips