Baked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Pears
- 4 (9-ounce) cans cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 3 pears, peeled, quartered, and cored
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 4 (3/4-inch thick) bone-in pork loin chops
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In an 8-inch square baking dish, combine sweet potatoes and pears. In a small bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, and the melted butter to make a paste. Crumble mixture over potatoes and pears. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes and pears are tender.
Meanwhile, spray a roasting pan and rack with cooking spray. Place beaten egg in a shallow bowl, place remaining 1/2 cup flour on a plate and place bread crumbs mixed with herbs de Provence on another plate. Dredge pork chops in flour. Dip in egg and then the bread crumb mixture, coating the pork evenly all over. Arrange chops on a rack in prepared pan and coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake alongside pears for 20 minutes, or until pork is cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Serve pork with sweet potatoes and pears.