Bow Ties with Artichoke Pesto
- 1 pound box bow tie pasta
- 2 (6.5-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained (recommended: Mezzetta)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (recommended: ReaLemon)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook bow ties per package directions.
In a food processor, combine artichoke hearts, lemon juice, Parmesan, and walnuts, and process for 30 seconds. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until mixture becomes a thick paste. Transfer pesto to a large bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and add to pesto in bowl. Toss to coat. Serve hot with grated Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008