Candied Walnut Butter Salad
- Candied Walnuts:
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 6 tablespoons plus 3 more tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange-tangerine juice
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 (8-ounce) cans mandarin orange segments
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup purchased Asian-style salad dressing (such as miso dressing or ginger dressing)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, add 6 tablespoons sugar and orange-tangerine juice. Bring to a simmer, and then add walnuts. Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Toss walnuts in cinnamon-sugar. Place walnuts in single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 minutes. Set aside
Thank you! your flag was submitted.