- 4 (1.5-ounce) chocolate covered wafer candy bars (recommended: Kit Kat)
- 15 individually wrapped caramels
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3 cups caramel corn with peanuts (recommended: Cracker Jack)
Unwrap candy bars and place face down on waxed or parchment paper; set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels with butter. Heat in microwave on HIGH heat for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
Combine white chocolate with 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening in a medium bowl and place over a pot of simmering water to form a double boiler. Repeat with chocolate chips and remaining shortening. Heat both chocolates until melted and smooth, making sure to stir frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
Drizzle half the melted caramel over the candy bars. Divide and mound caramel corn on top of each bar. Drizzle with half the melted milk chocolate and top with remaining caramel corn. Drizzle with remaining melted milk chocolate, white chocolate and remaining melted caramel. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.