Chocolate Mocha-Iced Brownies
- For Brownies:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 box moist chocolate devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- For Icing:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, coffee, and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, almond extract, water, and cake mix and beat until smooth. Stir in almonds.
Turn batter into prepared pan and smooth to edges. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until tester comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
Ice brownies and cut into squares.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.