Crispy Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 pre-cooked salmon fillets, about 1/2-pound
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fish fry coating mix, plus more for coating (recommended: Kraft)
- 6 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 cup remoulade sauce
- Canola oil, for frying
- For Remoulade:
DirectionsFor Remoulade: For Croquettes:
Using a fork flake the salmon meat away from the skin. Discard skin.
In a medium bowl, beat egg. To the egg, add the fish fry mix, salmon, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup of remoulade sauce. Mix well to combine. Form into 8 patties.
In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium to medium-high heat. Without crowding pan, cook patties until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Serve Croquettes hot with remaining remoulade sauce.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008