Grilled Fruit Skewers with Sweet Yogurt Sauce
- 4 (10-inch) skewers
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 orange, juiced, plus remaining half zested, reserved from Chicken Satay recipe
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chucks, reserve the juice and 4 pieces for cocktail
- 2 nectarines, cut into 1-inch chucks
- 1 mango, peeled, flesh cut into 1-inch chucks
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla yogurt
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill or grill pan over low heat.
Thread 2 pieces of each type of fruit onto each skewer. Grill the skewers until the fruit is warm and lightly charred about 6 minutes giving the skewers a quarter turn every 1 1/2 minutes. Make sure to brush with the brown sugar syrup after each turn.
While the fruit is grilling, make the dipping sauce. Whisk together the yogurt, orange juice, and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar syrup in a serving bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for the Online Round 2 recipe Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps.
Arrange the skewers on a serving platter and serve with the dipping sauce on the side.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray