- 2 to 3 drops blue food coloring
- 16 -ounce container white frosting
- 10 ounces mini meringue cookies
- Blue sanding sugar
- White sanding sugar
- Blue Jordan almonds, optional for garnish
- Silver Jordan almonds, optional for garnish
Add blue food coloring to frosting. Spread frosting onto the bottom of a meringue cookie and sandwich together with another cookie. Sprinkle blue sanding sugar on the cookie, so it sticks to the frosting. Using the food coloring, paint blue stripes on the cookies. Be creative with your design. While stripes are still wet, sprinkle cookie with white sanding sugar. Place on wire rack or plate to firm up. Repeat until all cookies are done.
Serve cookies displayed in a glass bowl or vase, alone or mixed with blue and/or silver Jordan almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee