- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon-herb chicken sauce mix (recommended: McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 3 1/2 pounds whole chicken, quartered
- Garlic salt, to taste (recommended: Lawry's)
- Lemon pepper, to taste (recommended: Lawry's)
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
In a small pan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sauce mix and lemon juice. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; set aside.
Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. Season with garlic salt and lemon pepper, to taste.
ON THE GRILL: Grill chicken on preheated, oiled grill for about 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until done, basting every few minutes.
INDOOR: Preheat broiler. Prepare chicken and basting sauce as directed. Place chicken on foil lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Broil chicken for about 15 minutes per side basting with butter sauce every 5 minutes.