- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 12 strips
- 1 10-ounce can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- Baby arugula and lime halves, for serving
Place the chicken, margarita mix, tequila, cilantro and chicken seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; squeeze out the air and seal. Massage the bag to combine the ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade; thread each piece onto a skewer. Oil the grill grate; grill the chicken skewers for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked through. Serve on a platter with arugula and lime.
Photograph by Mark Peterson