May Pole Punch
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 cup frozen whole strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) can pineapple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 (11.5-ounce) cans peach nectar (recommended: Kern's)
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Cantaloupe, honeydew and/or watermelon slices, for garnish
- Frozen cranberries or raspberries, for garnish
- Extra-dry sparkling wine, optional
Special equipment: small flower shaped cookie cutter
Arrange a double-layer of peaches, whole strawberries, and mint leaves in the bottom of a bundt pan. Add enough pineapple juice to cover the fruit. Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until set.
With a small flower cookie cutter, cut out flowers from melons. Place the melon flowers
in the punch along with the frozen cranberries.
To serve, remove bundt pan from freezer and invert over the center of the punch bowl. Ladle into glasses.
For adults, top punch with sparkling wine.
Tip: If the ice mold does not unmold, dip the bundt pan in a warm water bath for 1 to 2 seconds.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee