Pear and Cherry Buckle
- 1 (26-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced pears in syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (1.19-ounce) packet maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Whipped topping, for serving
Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with butter-flavored cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pie filling, pears, and almond extract. Pour into prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle cake mix over fruit mixture. Dot with butter. In a small bowl, combine oatmeal packet and almonds. Sprinkle over cake mixture.
Place 8 paper towels over slow cooker bowl and secure with lid. (This helps to trap steam.) Cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours. Do not lift lid to check cake for the first 3 hours.
Serve warm with whipped topping.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee