Potato Blini with Caviar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 (2-ounce) jar red or black lumpfish caviar (recommended: Romanoff Moorehouse), divided
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
Stir together mashed potatoes, 1 teaspoon horseradish and flour; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Make blini by dropping 1 tablespoonful of potato mixture into pan. Cook 2 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining horseradish, and dill.
Serve blini by topping each with 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream mixture. Garnish with caviar.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian