- 8 flour tortillas, taco size
- 5 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 figs, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- NOTE: If figs are not available or in season substitute fig preserves.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
Lay out 4 tortillas; spread each with half of the goat cheese. Divide prosciutto and figs and place on top of goat cheese. Top with jack cheese and remaining tortillas. Cook on hot oiled grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cheese has melted. Serve hot with fig preserves on side.
INDOOR: Prepare quesadillas as directed. In a skillet large enough to fit tortillas or an electric griddle, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully fry both sides of quesadillas for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown; turning with a large spatula. Garnish as directed.