Pumpkin Ravioli in Brown Butter
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 25 min
- 10 min
- 8 to 10 servings
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, Libby's(R)
- 1 packet (0.7-ounce) onion recipe mix, Lipton(R) Carb Options(TM)
- 1 cup vegetable broth, Swanson(R)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese, Precious(R)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, Kraft(R)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, McCormick(R)
- 16 wonton wrappers, Melissa's(R)
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish, Kraft(R)
For filling, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add pumpkin, onion recipe mix, and broth; simmer 5 minutes. Continue cooking until mixture is slightly dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir in ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and the nutmeg. Let cool completely.
Place 1 teaspoon of pumpkin filling in center of wonton wrapper. Fold wrapper diagonally to form a triangle. Moisten the edges of the triangle to seal. Using a fork, press down on the folded edge. Repeat. Place ravioli in a pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the top. Drain well.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt remaining 7 tablespoons butter. Add sage leaves. Cook until butter turns brown. Arrange ravioli on a platter and spoon brown butter over top. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Rosemary Chicken Breasts, Brown Butter and Balsamic Ravioli, Warm Spinach Salad with Pancetta and Sweet Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray