Raspberry Rose Scones
- 1 (20-ounce) package biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red raspberries, drained (reserve both liquid and raspberries)
- 1 cup raspberry liquid (from canned raspberries)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Lemon Cream Cheese Spread, recipe follows
Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
Combine the biscuit mix, rose water, and 1 cup of the drained raspberry juice. With a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together thoroughly to make a dough. Gently knead into the dough 1/2 of the drained raspberries and the fresh raspberries, being careful not to squish them. (Reserve remaining canned raspberries for another use.) Spray 2 (8-inch) loaf pans with non-stick spray, then divide the dough mixture between the pans. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove loaves and set on cooling racks. Sprinkle some sugar on the top of loaves while they are still hot. When cool, slice loaves and serve with Lemon Cream Cheese Spread.Lemon Cream Cheese Spread:
1/3 cup lemon curd
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon rose water
Whip all ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee