Roasted Asparagus with Cashew-Curry Mayonnaise
Try doubling or tripling the recipe as hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party. The asparagus can be roasted ahead of time and refrigerated[. Serve at room temperature.]
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cashews (recommended: Planters) plus roughly chopped cashews, for garnish
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise (recommended: Best Foods)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (recommended: McCormick's)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (recommended: ReaLemon)
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
On baking sheet, drizzle oil over trimmed asparagus. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss together to evenly distribute oil and seasoning. Roast in oven for 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the asparagus. While asparagus is roasting, prepare mayonnaise.
To serve, divide asparagus among 4 plates and top with a dollop of mayonnaise mixture. Garnish with a few chopped cashews.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.