Round 2 Recipe-Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- Mushroom stems, leftover from Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms recipe, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 frozen, pre-made pie shell in the foil pie plate
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a brown paper bag or paper towels and reserve the fat in the pan. Chop the bacon when cooled and reserve.
To the same skillet with reserved bacon fat, add the onions and mushroom stems and cook until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk, herbs and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the cheese, the reserved bacon and the mushroom mixture.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen