Round 2 Recipe - Southwest Beef and Black Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound cubed leftover pot roast from Pot Roast with Roasted Root Vegetable recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the oil, diced onion and garlic and saute until the onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, pot roast, black beans, chili powder, and 2 cups water. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle the chili into serving bowls and sprinkle each bowl with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.