Shrimp in Spicy Coconut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the garlic until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cream and return to a simmer without boiling. Add cooked shrimp and heat through. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller