- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen peach slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca
- 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (11-ounces) box pie crust mix
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon peach nectar, chilled, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, for dusting, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, stir to combine all filling ingredients. Set aside for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir together pie crust mix and 1/3 cup chilled peach nectar until dough forms a ball. Split dough in half, and form into 2 disks.
Fill pie shell with peach filling mixture; set aside.
Roll out remaining dough and place over filled pie shell. Pinch the edges of the pie together or crimp with a fork. Trim away any excess dough.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbling through vent. If edges get too brown, cover edges with foil to prevent burning.
Cool before slicing.