Spicy Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 29 -ounce cans cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
Excerpted from Sandra Lee's book, Semi-Homemade Money Saving Slow Cooking (Wiley)
Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, pecans, butter and orange juice concentrate until combined. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture and stir until combined. Spoon into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top of the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 15 more minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted.
Photograph by Hallie Burton
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Neely's Spicy Sweet Potato Chips, Spicy Sweet Potato Pancakes with Holiday Guacamole, Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes, Easy Snack, Dinner Parties Recipes, Central American, Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Easy, Roasted Vegetable Recipes