Excerpted from Sandra Lee's book, Semi-Homemade Money Saving Slow Cooking (Wiley)
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 29-ounce cans cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, pecans, butter and orange juice concentrate until combined. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture and stir until combined. Spoon into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
Photograph by Hallie Burton