- 1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites, room temperature (recommended: Eggology)
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 drops red food coloring
Preheat oven to 215 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg whites, 1 teaspoon strawberry extract, and cream of tartar on medium speed until frothy. With mixer running, add powdered sugar in tablespoon increments. Add food coloring and continuing beating until stiff peak form. (Careful not to overbeat.)
Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or large zip-top bag fitted with large round tip. Pipe into 2-inch spirals on prepared baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, rotating once. Turn off oven and open door. With meringues still inside oven, let dry out for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove parchment paper from baking sheet and let meringues cool completely.