- 3/4 pound sashimi grade tuna
- Tartare Base:
- 2 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese garlic-chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 2 teaspoons tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Crispy Wontons:
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 18 (3-inch-square) wonton skins
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons ground toasted sesame seeds
- For assembly:
- 1 bunch radish sprouts
- 8 shiso leaves
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled ginger, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon tobiko ( flying fish roe), for garnish
Cut 1/4 pound of the tuna against the grain into 12 thin slices. Finely chop the other 1/2 pound for the tartare.
To prepare the tartare base, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Add the chopped fish and stir lightly to combine.
To prepare the crispy wontons, in a saucepan, pour in the oil to a depth of 1-inch and heat to 375 degrees. Add the wonton skins and fry, turning once, for 8 to10 seconds on each side, until light golden brown. Keep the wontons flat by using tongs to uncurl them. Using a wire skimmer, transfer to paper towels to drain. Allow to cool.
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
To assemble, first roll the tuna slices up into rose-shaped bundles. Reserving 2 tablespoons of the radish sprouts, stack in the following order: wonton skin, 1/6 of the tartare mixture, shiso leaf, wonton skin, 1/6 of the smoked salmon, radish sprouts, wonton skin, 2 tuna rolls.
To serve, cut through the entire stack with a knife, and smash the layers together with a fork to blend the flavors.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pecan Dusted Puff Pastry Caramelized Pear Napoleons, "French Toast" Napoleon with Maple Syrup, Pecans and Ice Cream, Spicy Tomato Napoleons with Black Beans, Dinner Parties Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes, Tuna Salad Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.