Scott's Beef Hotdog with Gorgonzola, Marinated Tomatoes, Grilled Onion and Frisee
- Marinated Tomatoes:
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced paper-thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Grilled Onions:
- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot Dogs:
- 6 all-natural beef hot dogs
- 6 potato hot dog buns
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 head frisee lettuce, dark green leaves discarded, light leaves separated and washed in ice water
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
For the tomatoes: Lay the tomatoes out on a large flat dish. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, chili flakes, garlic and thyme leaves. Pour over the tomatoes and let sit for 1 to 2 hours.
For the grilled onions: Rub the onions with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Grill until charred on each side, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the grill and reserve.
For the hot dogs: Grill the hotdogs until hot and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Toast the buns on the grill, 1 to 2 minutes.
For assembly: Line the tomatoes on one side of the buns, and line the onions on the other side. Top each with a hotdog. Divide the cheese and frisee over the hot dogs, and finish with a little olive oil and sea salt.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.