Scott's Beef Hotdog with Gorgonzola, Marinated Tomatoes, Grilled Onion and Frisee
- Marinated Tomatoes:
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced paper-thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Grilled Onions:
- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot Dogs:
- 6 all-natural beef hot dogs
- 6 potato hot dog buns
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 head frisee lettuce, dark green leaves discarded, light leaves separated and washed in ice water
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
For the tomatoes: Lay the tomatoes out on a large flat dish. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, chili flakes, garlic and thyme leaves. Pour over the tomatoes and let sit for 1 to 2 hours.
For the grilled onions: Rub the onions with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Grill until charred on each side, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the grill and reserve.
For the hot dogs: Grill the hotdogs until hot and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Toast the buns on the grill, 1 to 2 minutes.
For assembly: Line the tomatoes on one side of the buns, and line the onions on the other side. Top each with a hotdog. Divide the cheese and frisee over the hot dogs, and finish with a little olive oil and sea salt.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Baltimore Beef Bad Boy, 1000 Calorie Beef Wellington, Peppercorn Encrusted Beef Tenderloin on Beef Tomato with Goat Cheese, French Fried Onions and Balsamic Vinegar Sauce, London Broil Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilling Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.