Sesame-Ginger Salmon en Papillote
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 teaspoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 heads baby bok choy, ends trimmed and cut into thirds through the stem
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing packets
- 1/3 cup diagonally thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Cook's Note: Aluminum foil can be substituted for parchment paper.
- Unfold and arrange the pieces of parchment on 2 baking sheets.
Fold 4 (16 by-12-inch) parchment paper squares in 1/2 lengthwise.
Evenly divide the bok choy, bell peppers, and bean sprouts among the 4 parchment packets. Season the vegetables with 1 tablespoon sesame-ginger marinade. Place a salmon fillet on top of the vegetables and season with the black pepper and an additional tablespoon of the marinade.
Fold the top half of the parchment over the fish, and overlap small folds along the open edge to seal. Brush each packet with olive oil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the parchment paper puffs up.
Transfer the parchment packets to plates. Carefully cut the packets open, avoiding the hot steam, and serve.
Per serving (includes scallion garnish): Calories 348; Total Fat 14 grams; Saturated Fat 2 grams; Protein 42 grams; Total Carbohydrate 16 grams; Sugar: 10 grams; Fiber 5 grams; Cholesterol 94 milligrams; Sodium 1338 milligrams;
Recipe courtesy of Kelsey Nixon