Seven Flavor Beef
- 8 ounces sliced flank steak
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 bunch thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground peanuts
- 20 Thai basil leaves
Combine all marinade ingredients in a nonreactive baking dish for 1 hour.
Heat oil in a wok and heat over high heat. When oil is hot, add red onion, green onion, and bean sprouts and sear for 1 minute, stirring. Set aside on serving platter. Add beef to very hot wok and sear until rare. Add hoisin sauce and toss until coated. Add ground peanuts and basil and cook until meat is medium rare. Serve meat over onions and bean sprouts.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.