- 1 12 oz. box jumbo shells, cooked al dente
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville® Mild or Sweet Italian Ground Sausage, or one pkg links
- 2 25 oz. jars marinara sauce, or 5-6 cups of your favorite sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz. tub ricotta cheese, whole or part skim
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
In a 10" skillet cook sausage on medium heat, crumbling it into small pieces as it cooks. Allow it to cook through then set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl beat the egg, mix in the ricotta, 2 1/2 cups of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, basil, ground pepper and the cooked sausage.
Fill each cooked shell with the sausage mixture and nestle them in sauce. Once all the shells are filled, top them with the remaining sauce, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Bake covered until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking about 5 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.