Smoked Salmon and Dill Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 6 eggs
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons nonpareil capers
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 slices sturdy white sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, for garnish
Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil the eggs for exactly 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit 10 more minute before draining. Run under cold water and peel the eggs immediately - the shell will come off much more easily while the eggs are still wet and warm.
Lay out 7 slices of the bread and spread 1/4 cup of the egg salad onto each slice. Cover with the remaining bread slices. Trim the crust off of all the sandwiches and cut each sandwich crosswise into four triangles.
Recipe courtesy of Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh