Southwestern Chili Con Carne
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, large diced
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, large diced
- 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can soy black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook until slightly tender. Add the ground beef and spices and cook until browned. Skim off excess grease. Add the diced tomatoes and soy black beans and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To serve, garnish chili with cilantro. If desired, top with shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese, sour cream, and sliced scallion tops.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.