The big flavor in this bright dip comes from spicy Sriracha, fresh ginger and coconut.
- Kosher salt
- One 12-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 whole scallion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 to 6 teaspoons Sriracha, plus more for serving
- Rice crackers, for dipping
- Snow peas, radishes, cucumber slices and carrot sticks, for dipping
Transfer the edamame to the bowl of a food processor and add the coconut milk, scallion, ginger, lime juice, 4 teaspoons of the Sriracha, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water. Process until you have a fairly smooth paste, about 1 minute. Taste the dip and add more salt and the remaining 2 teaspoons Sriracha if you like. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with a drizzle of Sriracha. Serve with rice crackers and assorted vegetables for dipping.
Cook's Note: Edamame are firmer than most beans, and as a result they make a slightly chunky puree. If you prefer a dip with a very smooth texture, pass it through a sieve after pureeing it, using a spatula to work it through.
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.