Stuffed Pigs in the Blanket
- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 dill or sweet pickle, cut into small strips
- 1 slice Cheddar, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 scallion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 (14-ounce) package beef cocktail franks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Open the breadsticks and spread them flat on a cutting board. Cut each breadstick into thirds, crosswise, and stretch each piece until they are about 2 1/2-inches long.
Onto the center of each breadstick piece, put a small dab of mustard, chili sauce, cream cheese, a few pieces of pickle, Cheddar, red pepper, and scallion or bacon bits. Place a frank just next to the ingredients and roll the breadstick completely around the frank and filling. Brush the "stuffed pigs" with some egg wash and top each with a small bit of the filling that is inside. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, about 11 to 13 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy George Duran