Stuffed Pigs in the Blanket
- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 dill or sweet pickle, cut into small strips
- 1 slice Cheddar, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 scallion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 (14-ounce) package beef cocktail franks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Open the breadsticks and spread them flat on a cutting board. Cut each breadstick into thirds, crosswise, and stretch each piece until they are about 2 1/2-inches long.
Onto the center of each breadstick piece, put a small dab of mustard, chili sauce, cream cheese, a few pieces of pickle, Cheddar, red pepper, and scallion or bacon bits. Place a frank just next to the ingredients and roll the breadstick completely around the frank and filling. Brush the "stuffed pigs" with some egg wash and top each with a small bit of the filling that is inside. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, about 11 to 13 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of George Duran