- 2 cups milk
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
In a saucepot on medium-low heat, steep the milk with the nutmeg, cardamom, fennel seed, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and black peppercorns until the milk is fragrant, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to break the milk film or "skin" on the top. Strain and discard the solids. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
In a blender add the ice cream, 1 cup strained milk and chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth. Divide mixture evenly among 4 glasses and serve.