Super-Simple Apple-Cinnamon Dessert Crepes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup diced Fuji apple
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat/light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed from frozen
- 2 (9-inch) ready-to-use dessert crepes (can be found in the produce aisle)
- 1 teaspoon fat-free or light caramel dip, room temperature
- Powdered sugar, for optional garnish
In a small nonstick pot on the stove, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir to dissolve. Add apples and lemon juice and stir. Bring to medium heat and cover. Cook until the apples have softened and liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes, uncovering often to stir.
Remove the pot from heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Allow it to cool for several minutes. Thoroughly stir in cream cheese. Fold in whipped topping.
Lay crepes flat on a dry surface. Evenly distribute the apple mixture between the crepes. Fold each crepe up envelope-style, first folding the sides in, and then folding/rolling it up from the bottom.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Place the crepes in the skillet with the seam-sides down. Cook them until slightly browned, about 1 minute per side. (Flip carefully.)
PER SERVING (1 crepe, 1/2 of recipe): 130 calories, 2.5g fat, 209mg sodium, 24g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 1.5g protein
2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.