- 2 pound jumbo shrimp, with shell on
- 2 tablespoon crab boil or cajun spice water to cover shrimp
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Bring water, crab boil, lemon, celery and liquid smoke to a boil. Simmer for five minutes and add shrimp. Return mixture to a boil and simmer shrimp until opaque, approximately 4-5 minutes. Immediately remove pan from the stove and leave the shrimp in the water for 5 minutes to absorb more flavor. Drain, cool slightly. Make dipping sauce and serve with shrimp.
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tequila, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground cracked black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine well. Chill if not using immediately.
The sweet fruit in the Zinfandel will harmonize wonderfully with the sweet taste of the shrimp.