The Sink Chipotle BBQ
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Heat a medium heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. Add the butter, onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent and soft.
Turn the heat down to medium, add the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and chipotle peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
With a hand mixer, blend the sauce until smooth. There will be some lumpiness from the onions and garlic, and if you like, strain these out through a sieve. Otherwise, simmer the sauce on low for another 15 minutes.
Remove and cool. Store in a plastic container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.