- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tapatio)
- 2 dozen 21/25 count shrimp, shelled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups orange soda (recommended: Fanta)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces water (add sparingly, 2 ounces at a time, to get desired consistency)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Tapatio)
- Lime slices, for serving
- Crackers, for serving (recommended: Saltines)
For the shrimp: Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
Mix all the ingredients except for the shrimp in a 1-gallon zip lock bag. Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook until the meat is opaque. Remove from heat and cool immediately. Cut each shrimp into 4 pieces.
For the cocktail sauce: Mix all the ingredients together.
Add the shrimp to the sauce. Mix together and serve in a martini glasses with slices of lime and saltine crackers.