- 1 loaf pound cake
- 1 cardboard french fry container (ask politely and you shall receive)
- Raspberry Ketchup, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Trim off a thin layer of the cake's brown exterior crust. Cut pound cake lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Turn slices on their side and cut into 1/4-inch strips. Trim to 4 to 5 inches in length (if this sounds confusing, just remember, you are creating French fry-shaped strips).
Arrange strips on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until browned on top and bottom. Turn strips and bake for approximately 4 more minutes, or until remaining 2 sides are browned. Let cool, then arrange in fry container.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed, or 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' (icing) sugar
- 1 empty ketchup squeeze bottle
Place raspberries in a blender or food processor, and puree (add a few tablespoons of water, or lemon juice, if necessary, to facilitate blending). Add sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, to taste, until tartness is gone.
Place raspberry puree in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to force the puree through the strainer. Discard the seeds and transfer the puree to the squeeze bottle. Serve alongside "fries".