Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 to 6 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed through your fingers or coarsely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh tortellini or 4 servings dried tortellini
- Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, very loosely packed
In a 3-quart soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions. When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.