- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine the cream and garlic and bring to a simmer over low heat. Turn off the heat and let steep.
When the potatoes are done, press them through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Add the butter and slowly fold in the garlic-infused cream. Taste and add salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Transfer the potatoes into 2 ovenproof ramekins or small bowls. Top each with the cheeses and paprika. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes. Top each serving with the bacon and chives and serve hot.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.