1. Preheat fryer to 350°F or pour 4 inches of oil into a deep, heavy pot. Clip a candy thermometer on the side of the pot and bring to 350°F over medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, garlic, Texas Pete® Hot Sauce and Texas Pete® Medium Salsa. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
4. Add cheese and bacon. Mix until just combined.
5. Using 2 tablespoons or a #30 scoop, carefully drop balls of batter into fryer. Fry for about 4 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Transfer to paper towel lined sheet tray and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. Serve immediately.